HUNT’S HOUSE: William Hunt; Governor, Benefactor and "second founder of the Hospital", who left £180,000 on his death in 1829 for a further 100 beds to be added to the site. His shield is white on red, with 8 gold stars. There is a silver-grey surround to the shield, and the face of the kneeler is scattered with capital Hs.
OUTPATIENTS: The sign in red hangs over the heads of 4 people on a bench. A man in a cloth cap reads a newspaper; a woman in an orange dress (can she be smoking?! There does seem to be smoke) sits with her arms folded. Next is a woman in green, and a small boy. On the left of the picture is the back view of a Sister (although the blue is pale for Guy's, perhaps it has faded), and a black cat.
CALEB/DIPLOCK: Mr Caleb Diplock left £20,000 in 1937 for a Children's Department, as a memorial to the benefactor. The letters of the names Caleb and Diplock, for the Surgical and Medical Paediatric wards respectively, appear on wooden blocks, with other toys around, such as a drum, a jack-in-the-box, a toy aeroplane, a ball, a teddy bear, a train and so on.
William Gull 1
WILLIAM GULL: William Gull ward was on the very top floor of the building. The Kneeler shows two seagulls on a brick wall, Tower Bridge and the Thames. There are also several cranes of the docks nearby. " William Gull " is on Face 2, and views of St Pauls, and of the Tower of London appear elsewhere.